Friday, September 3, 2010

the space in-BETWEEN

I cannot come to grips with the fact that summer is officially over! Where did the time go!? The fact that we had one of the strangest summers in (my) history as a so-californian probably played a large factor in the oh-so fast version of my favorite time of year. Luckily I was able to send off summer and kick off fall in a near perfect fashion. 

My last night of summer was spent with my fabulous father at the Green Day show. They played at Verizon Amphitheater (formerly known as Irvine Meadows) on a glorious summer night. The weather and company could not have been more perfect. I would have to say that this show made my top 3 list of live performances hands down-- and I've been to many many many shows. AFI opened and re-inspired my fascination with studs and sequins. And Green Day played (for a solid three hours) and re-inspired my Billy Joe Armstrong love affair. He had the crowd on their feet from the first to last note played. I danced, laughed, sang, jumped, clapped and shook my punk rock head all over the place. Frreaking fan-tastic! When the show was coming to a close I looked at my dad and told him I didn't think that an encore was even possible. Honestly that's how good their set was. But Green Day continued to far exceed my expecations and came on to play my absolute favorite song "Jesus of Suburbia"-- and finally closed the show with an acoustic set of "Time of Your Life" and "Wake me UP when September Ends". This may become a new tradition for me and pops... along with hockey games that is! 

:: WE ARE THE WAITING::

"you are the only one holding yourself back"-bja




No comments:

Post a Comment