Monday, September 27, 2010

inflate[your]world

"Once upon a time when the world was just a pancake--fears would arise that if you went too far you'd fall....But with the passage of time it all became more of a ball--We're as sure of that as we all once were, when the world was flat."- dave matthews band

I have always considered myself someone who appreciates the world and all it has to offer-- but the more I see and experience [over] here... I can't help but realize I still have so much to learn about the world! Not that I ever thought that I knew all there is to know, or even close to this. But there are a myriad of things I need to learn about that I don't even know exist yet! How can you do this?! It's almost stressful how much there is to see and do... especially in the amount of time we have. The only way I see this happening is to push the envelope and get out there even further.

My [beautiful] friend and I have been having a lot of "did you ever imagine this" type of conversations since my arrival... and the answer to almost all of these conversations-- is NO WAY! Who would have thought that two girls from south Orange County would find each other in the city of love [aka San Francisco] and years later find themselves jumping off cliffs in the Philippines, or wandering the neon streets of Seoul at 5 a.m. in search of the best kebab stand??  I would like to think that I would have ventured to Korea on my own at some point during my life. But I can’t say for sure this is true, because I can’t say that it was on my “to do” list of countries. And I LOVE it here- I won’t even come close to seeing everything I’ve added to my city sights list since first arriving. The thought of missing out on all my Korean experiences is so upsetting—and has really opened my mind to a new way of thinking. Never [ever] say never!

Even knowing that I have an adventurous spirit--I never imagined all that I would see and realize during this trip. Another cliché that turns out to be very true! You learn the most about yourself and your surroundings when you jump completely outside of your comfort zone. I am so thankful to have someone like my fabulous big sister who has made this journey possible. I admire her fire, fearlessness [or ability to face her fears] and thirst for life.

Last night our world was opened up yet again with a new [cinematic] experience! We had the pleasure of seeing our first [4D] movie in Seoul-- the latest chapter in the Resident Evil series. Neither of us had seen any of the previous installments, but it turned out to be one of the coolest movies ever! Besides the movie actually being pretty good and filled with extremely attractive people, as audience members you literally feel like you're apart of the movie. We were shot, splashed by water/blood, chilled by cold winds, blinded by explosions, stabbed, shot, dropped out of a plane....etc. Entering a zombie flick was a bit stressful, but so very exciting! I find myself entering many new dimensions and loving every minute of it.
[old cafe] in seoul's mountains
ariel's [island]- boracay
true [korean]fashion
inflate your [knowledge]

[enjoy the moment]

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment