Thursday, September 9, 2010

[live in an] ART-ful world

A walk with me down the street can take much longer than one might think! I pretty much always have a camera in my purse, and thanks to my trusty iphone--even when I forget my "real" camera I'm still able to capture quality photos. My best friend always jokes with me and tells me I can see anything in an "artful" way. Then she usually follows by calling me something like hippie butterfly child--especially after I paused for [a good] 20 minutes to take photos of bark patterns on a tree when we were running late for a movie. What can I say?  The world inspires me.... and I am somewhat of a hippie butterfly child! [without getting into art theory] The thing I love about photography the most is that it allows me to use my eye/perspective & camera to record the world and its natural [and sometimes unnatural] beauty. The world is my canvas. 

I had a good conversation this morning with a friend and a little-known Manhattan Beach street artist (or local legend depending on how you see it)  that inspired me to dig through my photos and put up a few pictures I've taken of STREET ART on random walks over the past few years. STREET art doesn't just see the world as a canvas.... but actually USES it as a canvas.
Melrose Street, Los Angeles CA
London, England
Nob Hill, San Francisco CA
Nob Hill, San Francisco CA
"the strand" Hermosa Beach, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Delores Park, San Francisco CA
Venice Beach, CA
Hells Kitchen, NYC
"with love from the world to you"
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment