Saturday, March 26, 2011

wineFOR2

[Oh NO!] I have become a coupon groupie. I would say that by now most of the population has become aware of the phenomenon of group discount websites like GroupOn, LivingSocial.com or new edition LiveOpenly.com. The modern day coupons that come to us via cyberspace, finding their way into our email inbox tempting the socially active [but] budget conscious 20-something crowd. 

I recently purchased a GroupOn for a two person wine tasting experience at a local vineyard called Malibu Wines. Little did I know the treasure that awaited me a short drive up the Los Angeles coast. My girlfriend and I hopped into my new Mini and took it for [a spoiled] first day out in the world. We had an amazing day sipping wine, our favorite being a Semlar Cabernet Sauvignon.  It was a 2004 vintage, which if you lived in California during that year, you might remember it being an extremely dry year that fueled fires in the hills of Malibu. In reaction to the harsh conditions the grape vines were forced to travel deep into the soil in search for water. I cant wait to go back for their summer movie nights-- old films, summer night skies and good wine.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment