Friday, February 6, 2009

Rain on Me


It's funny how a smell... a song... an image can be so charged- The electricity behind an unexpected occurrence... can instantly bring back a sense of deep sadness, bright hope or even just a happy memory. 


It's raining today in Orange County. As I walked out of the Fine Arts building most of my fellow OCC students stood under the safety of the awning without a plan on how to stay dry as they ventured on their long walk back to their cars... but the second I walked out of the door- I felt more at home than I have since I returned to OC last week. I walked happily into the heavy rainfall under the safety of my trusty umbrella.

The smell of rain instantly brought me back. San Francisco. The place Ive made my home- the city that holds my heart.

The rain will come and go. Just like my time in Orange County... but my connection and love for the city and the friends that have become my family will always stay. And for that I am forever thankful. 



I started this blog in hopes to leave a record of bits and pieces of my thoughts as they come and go!  In the words of those who came before me. Seeking peace, generosity, humbleness, love and happiness--With love from me to you....

<3h

No comments:

Post a Comment